WELCOME TO THE ULTIMATE VEHICLE APPEARANCE SPECIALISTS
Vehicle Vanity offers a selection of bespoke detailing services to the discerning car enthusiast. With a loyal client following in the north-west of England, experienced Master Detailer, Craig Richardson, has a single aim: making cars look awesome! We are not a valeting company: we only offer a premium auto appearance service for cherished cars and their owners. From slick VW Golfs to mean Bugattis, from family Fiats to ferocious Ferraris: Craig prides himself on meticulous attention to detail, outstanding results and first-rate client care. If you have car OCD, detailing is definitely for you!
Using tried and tested detailing-specific products and equipment, Craig has honed his skills and experience to perfection, producing some truly miraculous results. Whether you are looking for prestige and performance car-show preparation (known as auto concoursing) or simply want to restore your family saloon to its former glory, Vehicle Vanity promises to surpass your expectations.
Whilst currently based in the Manchester and Lancashire area, we appreciate that most clients are prepared to search nationally for the right company to enhance their cherished vehicle. For this reason, distance isn't an issue. Vehicle Vanity is pleased to accept bookings from all over the United Kingdom and abroad.
WHAT IS CAR DETAILING?
protect enhance RESTORE
Detailing is a highly specialised cosmetic car care service, comprising three main services:
- PROTECT your cherished investment against the elements with a Protection Detail
- ENHANCE the appearance of dull paintwork with an Enhancement Detail
- RESTORE and correct damaged, faded paintwork to a gleaming finish with a Correction Detail
Detailing essentially aims to achieve three results: shine, cleanliness and protection. Untreated car paintwork is protected by a porous lacquered topcoat, which over the months and years becomes damaged by the sun, rain, snow, hail, stone-chips, tar marks (small raised black specks), iron fallout (tiny rust-like dots) and microdamage. Light scratches and swirl marks are caused by conventional washing with brushes and sponges. You might be surprised to learn that car valeting and ordinary washing methods can lead to significant, slow-burn paintwork damage.
With many companies offering ‘detailing’ services at valeting prices, it is difficult for the car consumer to differentiate between a quality, professional detail and a trumped up super-valet. There are however; ways in which you can compare services on a like-for-like basis, in order to know whether the company you choose is worth the prices they charge.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I AM GETTING A GOOD SERVICE?
Here are just three things to check before you go ahead and book your detail:
- Are the products specialised detailing products? Does the company limit themselves to a single brand of products? Does the company stock a range of products to suit the huge variety of vehicles (colours/finishes/ages etc.) on the market? A true detailer will use a range of tried-and-tested, high-quality detailing products; not off-the-shelf car washing consumables.
- Whilst some companies offer what may seem to be a long list of stages, the most important stage is arguably the preparation and decontamination. An experienced detailer will spend a great deal of time ensuring that all tar, dust and compounds are removed from the paintwork prior to any enhancement products being applied.
- Creating cosmetic shine is easy, but protection that lasts can only be achieved through hours of hard work. There is a huge difference between a shiny cosmetic finish and hours of Carnauba wax and ceramic sealant application, to protect and seal the car. Don’t be tricked into paying detailing prices for an imitation valeting service.